I have found this recipe easy to make yet very popular with my kids and grand-kids especially when they participate in the making of their own tortilla. Other veggies of their choice can be substituted and works great with leftovers. The first one home can get this dinner started. Everyone can use their own favorite veggies that they choose from the following list...
- 4 Whole grain tortillas (I prefer rice tortillas from Food For Life)
- 8 oz pkg washed and drained Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 ripe Tomato, sliced thinly
- 2 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- Sliced Provolone cheese (or non-dairy Vegan soy cheese)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place a handful of spinach across the length of the tortilla in the center
- Top the spinach with a row of sliced tomatoes and mushrooms
- Place a row of sliced cheese on top of the veggies
- Fold over one side of the tortilla, then the other side on top of that
- Secure the folds with 2 or 3 toothpicks holding it all together
- Place the roll-ups in a shallow roasting pan lined with parchment paper
- With a basting brush paint the top side of each tortilla with a light coating of oil
- Place the pan with the roll-ups on the middle shelf of the oven
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Recipe serves 4 people or 2 with a big appetite. The tortillas go very well with my special homemade Creamy Coleslaw which will be will be featured in an upcoming blog.
Looks great! I'm eager to see more.ReplyDelete
Thanks Sharon. And it tastes as good as it looks! I make this or a variation of it at least once a week. Look for the Crispy Philly Pizza with similar ingredients soon to be featured.Delete
The information you've provided is useful because it provides a wealth of knowledge that will be highly beneficial to me. Thank you for sharing that. Keep up the good work. Best pizza deals in HobartReplyDelete